Pop Up

Tuesday 5 March 2013

All at Sea - Voyages of Voice - February News

* All at Sea - Voyages of Voice *
I must confess to having been in the creative space of being ‘all at sea’ for much of February, which has once again allowed me to realise that it is the sound current- the deep unending wave of primal sound, pulsing at the very core of existence - which floats my boat.  
I’ve appreciated more profoundly the healing effect of uplifting dialogue with dear friends - not just the words that are exchanged but the emanation of beloved voices beaming beautifically to me over the telephone/ Skype/ virtual airwaves.
This amazing voice of the deep, which resides within all of us, encourages me to keep rowing and making my way across the wide, wide water.
I am honoured to hold space of deep listening for the deeper voice in individual sessions and it’s truly amazing to witness the breakthroughs that emerge from simply allowing it to be heard.

***
 
So March finds me washing up on a new musical shore, with a new album to share with you all and invite you to collaborate with me in sharing a vision of filling the Empty Cup for those who are thirsty by joining me at the Launch Party at InSpiral on 21st March and donating to WaterAid.

 
A wonderful wave of poetry has also arisen in my life recently, and I am delighted to be part of the premiere performance of Fathieh Saudi’s poems Prophetic Children on March 1st at St Ethelburgas.


 
I’d also like to give you a special advance invite to an amazing event on 5th April - the DVD Launch of the film Road to Peace, in support of the Dalai Lama’s message of peace and the cause of the Tibetan people.  I am honoured to be singing alongside Tim Wheater and the monks of Kagyu Samye Dzong.  You can enter a competition to win tickets on the Road to Peace Facebook Event Page.


 
Equinox weekend marks the birthing of a new sound group at The Little Escape in Crystal Palace - I’ll be offering an introductory taster session as part of their First Birthday Celebration Weekend on 24th March.

 
The Garden of Roses is springing up with wonderful new musical flowers - following a truly love soaked evening of sound and silence with Illumina, Andy Cooney and Simon Sutton’s presentation of Global Love Letters - I look forward to welcoming glorious Goddess Esther Austin and Apollo’s Mob on March 26th at InSpiral.

Do let me know how your own Voyage of Voice is proceeding.
Wishing you the transformation of worry into wonder as you surf the waves.
Looking forward to seeing and hearing you!

PS - I have a New Facebook Page
- please pop over for a cup of virtual tea, Listen & Like! :)
 
I'm all at sea
Where no-one can bother me
Forgot my roots
If only for a day
Just me and my thoughts sailing far away
- Jamie Callum - All At Sea

 
For Full Listings of Sound Happenings across London please

No comments:

Post a Comment